Friday, August 14, 2009

Wii!!!!!

Tonight I went to Fnac to buy a Wii (the first console that even my parents enjoy playing with - I'm looking forward for the next family tournament). While I was piling up the Wii, the extra wiimotes, the wiifit and so on I must have looked like I knew what I was doing as some parents asked me what they should buy for their son. Needless to say that there was one salesman for 20 clients in the place (boy, I miss the service from China sometimes).
I got back to Wolfram's place as quick as I could and started unpacking while he was cooking (isn't that the dream of every woman... men cooking, you relaxing... sigh). That console has been designed in a way it is very straightforward to set up and start playing. In less than 15 min I was already playing tennis. Or shall I say trying to play tennis as my tennis skills whether real or virtual are not that good.
It was about 7:30pm and it's around midnight that we stopped playing (only because I was tired; Wolfram could have gone on much longer).
Now after so many hours of training we did progress a lot: we can send back the ball aiming more or less (but more by luck than intent). Tomorrow we will practice more, maybe try another sport, maybe get on the wiifit, maybe get in touch with our friends who have a wii and play together...

No comments: