Sunday, August 23, 2009

My Chinese furniture is here!

On Thursday I received an email from Ingrid. The shipment from China had arrived and I could come and pick up my furniture whenever I wanted!
So on Friday right after work I went to their new apartment (absolutely gorgeous in the center of Wemmel; so nice made me want to live in that area but that's another story) and picked up the 2 apothecary cabinets. The rest will wait Sunday.
Of course I had not realized the size and weight of the two of them and had to pick up Wolfram on the way so he could carry them for me (I know but what can I say when I bought them I never lifted them as someone did it for me). Anyway those two are now home.
Today was the 2nd round with the jewelry chest, the bookshelves and the bike. Of course all of that cannot fit into 2 cars but how would I know :) Wolfram always claims he has a big car but not wide enough for my bookshelves. Kindly Benoit offered to drive it to my place in the monospace they have rented this week.
One car with the bike.
One car with the jewelry chest.
One car with the shelves.
We dropped the bike at Wolfram's and continued our trip to my place.
Of course today the elevator is out of order :) what a better day to have the elevator not working than the Sunday we are moving furniture around? I wonder...
Anyway the two strong men carried the jewelry chest upstairs (come on, it's only one floor) but the bookshelves were a problem. Guess what, the staircase is not wide enough at one point so they cannot pass :(
Finally we left the box on my parking space until tomorrow when the elevator will work again (cross your fingers).
Then I will start thinking about where do I put them in my apartment. That's when the fun and the dance of furniture start :)

No comments: