Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Geneva is maybe not that bad after all

Today I flew from Warsaw to Geneva. Monika came to pick me up and we took the shuttle and the bus to get back to her place. She (finally) moved into her apartment about 2 months ago and since then it's always full of visitors. She did such a good job at convincing us to come and visit that we grab the first opportunity to do so. On top it is much better to stay with a friend than in a hotel (as nice as it may be) even on business trip.
Monika's apartment is really nice, full of potential. The only challenge is that we need to get her to spend some time in it so she can start decorating it. Somehow I cannot imagine Monika without thinking crazy schedule and travelling so we will see. At least next time I know what to bring her: a plant :)
After a drink at her place we went to the city (or shall I say town) center for dinner. Asian food of course (but sadly not as good as in Asia) and we chatted for hours catching up on our lives and sharing experiences with our respective German boyfriends. There are some similarities whether or not those guys are willing to accept it :)
After dinner we walked by the lake where there are the "Fetes de Geneve" i.e. a funfair organized every summer around the national day on August 1st. I had never seen so many young people in Geneva :)
I have to say that this visit to Geneva is much better than the previous ones. Probably it has to do with me visiting Monika and the great weather.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Geneva is a really beautiful city nearby France.

It was always on my way to skiing in France :-)

Elvira