Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Welcome to the 20th century

That's what Joy said when we switched on the TV.
I've had a small TV bought when I was a student many years ago (obviously). For some reasons given it still works perfectly I never changed it. But let's face it, each visitor would sooner or later ask the question "why do you have such a small TV?" and I would answer "because this one works very well, because I don't watch so much TV..."
After 1 year or so in China enjoying watching DVDs on a very big TV (and even a plasma screen) it was hard to get back to my little TV. But I did not run to a shop to buy my own flat screen. I just inherited the old one from Yann. So still a cathodic TV but at least 3 times bigger than the previous one.
I'll join the 21st century when I change living-room. Then I'll go for a flat screen TV and a new sofa and a new furniture etc maybe even a home cinema kit...

No comments: