Friday, August 13, 2010

Sometimes vacation time is not really vacation time

The combination of 2 people of my team leaving and the other 2 taking vacation led to the following: it's only me.
For 10 days now I've been pulling through trying to deal with everything and being the back-up on everybody else. The obvious result is that my work-life balance is strongly shifted: lots of work, little life :)
To make my life easier I gave a warning to every one and put a note on my communicator this week:
"Most of T3 team is on vacation... Please be patient"
As of Monday it will become:
"Lamia, one and only representative left of the T3 team :)"

I still need to hold the camp for 1 more week and then it's MY vacation time!!!!

PS: tired as I am I could even manage to sleep in the plane to the US :)

No comments: