Friday, August 27, 2010

Food in Las Vegas

It's been a while since my last trip to the US, almost 3 years I think, and I have forgotten how big the portions are when it comes to food.
For our first meal in Las Vegas we decided to use our buy 1 get 1 free coupon for the all you can eat buffet at Treasure Island. The buffet was quite impressive. So much food around you that it's hard to resist. We walked the whole buffet to have an overview of what was available and picked our food.
Something tells me it's going to be difficult to follow my diet or at least not gaining weight. So I have 2 strategies: 1) eat very slowly to avoid stuffing myself with food I don't need and 2) stuff myself with low calorie food, e.g. eat a lot of fruits before visiting the dessert buffet. Hopefully this will help limiting the damage.
A simple chicken wrap or sandwich comes in a size that would be considered as 2 or 3 portions in Europe. I really wonder how people manage to eat so much in one go (not to mention stay fit). It makes me feel really bad to order a course and eat only have of it. It's such a waste of food :(
Despite my age I've had several kids' portion... simply because that's the smallest one.

No comments: