Thursday, August 26, 2010

Another long flight

Once again I woke up at 6am during my vacation, this time on the very first day... but for a good reason: we're flying to San Francisco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I hope this translate my excitement towards this trip. We've been planning it for several weeks now and I can't wait to be there).
Once again I leveraged my Elite Plus status to get us the access to the lounge, the VIP lines, and above seats at the emergency row. True it's not as good as flying business (sigh) but it does make a difference to have the extra space for the legs and the possibility to get up whenever you want without disturbing anyone.
We were very warmly welcome by Wolfram's family, especially his nieces and nephew who were waiting at the corner of the street. After some fresh fruits we all went to the swimming pool. That was really fantastic, especially after the long day of travel. Swimming was followed by a great dinner in the garden. Like Wolfram said, we could perfectly adapt to this lifestyle :)

Today we broke a record. By 9:30pm we were in bed, dead from the trip and the jet lag. After all we've been up for 24 hours in a row.

Good night, yawning.

No comments: