Thursday, November 27, 2008

Singapore

On Monday night I landed in Singapore and I can say it, I am back to civilization. Streets are clean, there are buildings everywhere, nobody spits (actually pavement is sparkling clean, no rubbish at all), public transportation is safe, everybody follows the rules, you even have to put your seat belt at the back of the car... After the chaos in India, it feels good to be back in a neat and tidy environment. Not much time to visit as I have meetings whole day long with my different counter-parts, but I still managed to find a couple of hours for shopping, which is the favourite activities of Singaporeans. I went to Orchard road, the shopping street, where you can find one mall after the other, same for department stores. It could have been paradise for the shopping addict that I am, it turned out very frustrating as most of the shops don't carry size above M. So if you're tall (i.e. more than 1m65) / large / have big feet, forget it, you'll never find clothes / shoes fitting you here.

1 comment:

Leo said...

That's a pity, but you got something wrong there. "Tall" is more than 1,85 m... =:)