Tuesday, November 18, 2008

China Eastern


After China Southern, I am now flying with China Eastern to Delhi. 1st surprise when I arrived at the airport, it was almost empty. I actually wondered if I was the only one flying tonight. After an express check-in, no line :) I walked to my gate. Gate 50, if you recall is the gate where there is no lounge. Once again I will have a step over to go through customs. Anyhow, I still had to go through the security check. I believed they were a bit bored so took the opportunity with me to do a complete check: all the bags had to be emptied, the shoes, the powder check, the metal detector, "la totale". Of course I am not travelling with anything forbidden, however this time I packed in 15min and my trolley was a mess, given I had thrown everything I could in it last minute (my mother would definitely not be proud of my packing this time :) ). After this extensive check, one of the steward there told me to follow him to the lounge. We walked all the way from gate 50 to gate 22 via back doors so I could access the lounge. This is from there that I am updating my blog. So far China Eastern is doing a better job than Southern. Let's see how the rest of the trip goes.

1 comment:

Unbeaten said...

Sounds like fun, and even if it looks scary the empty terminal is always to be preferred over the crowded mess you'll find in eg Italy.

Have fun in India and take care.
G