Thursday, November 13, 2008

Foot reflexology

Tonight, after several days of hard work, I convinced Wolfram to go for the foot reflexology at Bodhi. At 10pm we went down and were shown to a room. After the always extremely good apple or pear juice, 2 Chinese girls arrived and the session started. First surprise, although it is a foot massage, we started by a massage of the back / neck / shoulders. Basically while your feet are bathing in hot water, you get a massage of your upper body (roughly 30min!). After that you lay down on some kind of sofa and the foot massage starts. What a dream! I've always been ticklish so I was a bit worried but it turned out to be a wonderful moment of relaxation. For 60min you get 2 expert hands to massage your feet and legs. What a delight!
Now the funny piece was that for these girls Wolfram was "a tall handsome 22 year old man". At least 4 times his masseuse told him he was handsome, and so tall. No wonder the guy enjoyed that massage more than the Chinese one from Sunday. Not only they help you relax physically but on top they boost your ego. Did I mention that she read in his hand he would live 100 years...
As for me I was very proud to say that I was from France in Chinese, repeating what I had just learned in my 1st lesson a few hours ago. I also laughed a lot when Wolfram's masseuse told him his stomach was not good... I guess she was referring to the fact that his stomach was full after the great dinner we had at South Beauty. I still haven't worked out how she figured that out by massaging his feet. Another Chinese mystery.

No comments: