Sunday, November 2, 2008

Peninsula hotel Manila

WOW!
I mean it. This hotel is fantastic. I landed after almost 6 hours travel in Manila. I had ordered a pick up service from the hotel as I was advised by my Filipinos colleagues. I go to the hotel counter in the airport. They have me access a room where I can seat while waiting for my car and get some cold water (highly appreciated when it's 30C at 11pm). 5min later comes my car. The driver asked me if the temperature in the car and the music was fine with me. 15min later I arrived at the hotel. One of the men standing outside opened the door from the car and said "welcome miss Mimassi". How does he know who I am? Well it's simple, the driver called them and informed them of my arrival. Amazing!
While someone is handling my luggage, a groom walked me to the reception. I checked in quite fast and the lady at the reception said "let me show you your room"! almost 5 years I'm travelling on a regular basis. Never, I mean it, never, I had anyone showing me my room in a hotel. As she said, P&G clients are important for their hotel and she wants to make sure everything is fine. For sure if she takes care of us like that, we will come back. On the way to my room she showed me the restaurants, where to have breakfast, and the access to the outdoor pool. In my room she showed me how to operate the console to control the air conditioning, the radio, the alarm, the plasma TV, etc.
I feel like a princess. Next time I come to Manila I'll stay a bit longer to enjoy the hotel.

No comments: