Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Vote for Jeita!

This morning Rana and Ramzi my cousins came to pick us up at the hotel for a bit of sightseeing. I haven’t seen my cousins in quite some years now and it was absolutely thrilling to see them again. Rana hasn’t changed: she is the beautiful girl (I guess woman now) I remembered. Ramzi however was a big surprise. Can’t believe the boy I last saw is now a grown up man.
After the family reunion we drove to Jeita to see the grottes (caves). Jeita is simply unbelievable. It’s a series of caves where you can admire the natural sculptures of stalagmites and stalactites. It’s those kind of places where no matter where you look to see something incredible and more beautiful than the previous one.
The only pity: no pictures. It was already frustrating enough just for me as the place is absolutely amazing and the only thing you want to do is take a picture. But hearing Wolfram sighing every 5 minutes made it worse. We managed to cheat and took a few shot with our phones. Not worse showing them to you because they won’t do justice to the place. You can have a feel on the caves’ website here.
Now, the most important part. There is a vote ongoing to select the new 7 wonders and Jeita caves are in the list of candidates. Therefore the motto for the day was "vote for Jeita"
I just completed my vote on the website and strongly encourage you do do the same. Vote for Jeita!!! :)

No comments: