Sunday, December 20, 2009

Different ways of dealing with snow

This morning, it was snowing again, quite hard. Still, after checking all the relevant authorities, decision was made to leave. I loaded the car (once again proving the incredible loading capacity of my Micra) and left the garage.
Here is my street.

As you can see, nothing was done to remove the snow and my only hope was that at least they would have cleaned the highways.
But not, I happily drove 40-60km/h on the highways all the way to the border. Hoping that there it would be better.

and it was, 5km after the border, the highways were in much better conditions.

For "in-flight" entertainment, Mokka peed in her basket! Right there when we were on the snowy Belgian highways with no hope to stop in the coming km. To limit the damage I reached the only thing I could think of that absorbs and that I had at hand: an Always pad. How much cat pee do you think an Always pad can absorb? a lot, I can tell you. That thing save the seat of my car. At the border I stopped in the parking lot to clean the mess. That was a first time! Never had a cat peeing in during travel.
10 hours and something after we left, we arrived. I was dead but happy to be home.

2 comments:

Patzi said...

Oh man, Mokka must have been very scared :-(

Lamia said...

Indeed or she wanted to be in the same basket as Muffin :)
Maybe instead of 2 travel baskets I should have bought 1 big one to fit them both.