Monday, December 7, 2009

Phone Call

Today I stayed home to rest after a very hectic night balancing between coughing, not breathing and back pain. This morning I believe I would have had more energy if I had not sleep.
Anyway, shortly after 5pm the phone rang.
"Hello, am I speaking with Mrs..."
"Yes you are" (damned it, some telemarketing girl)
"Do you know Tele achats?"
"No, never heard of it"
She explained to me what it is, some kind of organization that represents consumers... and bottom line if you subscribe with them, you can get discount on gas, electricity, and other bills. For example:
"with our card you can get 2-3 cts saving on each liter of gas for your car. That's 3 euros each time you fill up the car assuming 50L tank (which by the way I don't have), isn't that great?"
"euh, well, I fill up the car once a month max, so saving 3 euros or less, is not really gonna make my day..."
"yes, but on top you can get 10% off on your electricity bill and house insurance, etc...."(gosh she won't let go)
"how much?" (me, always very diplomatic)
" there is a special offer for our 50 years" (really) "will cost you only 5.95 euros a month instead of 12.95!"
"help me understand, why would I spend 6 euros a month to save 3 euros? how is this helping me?"
"why don't you look at our website for all the discount you can get, I'm sure you can make it worth it..."
"yeah, yeah"
Luckily for me I lied saying I was working otherwise she would call me back 1 hour later to help me subscribe.
I hate tele marketing... and honestly I didn't help the girl as I knew exactly what script she was having in front of her and I nicely answered all the answers so she could hardly build a case :)

No comments: