Thursday, December 17, 2009

Eugen the taxi driver

After a long day of Brainstorming and a dinner with the team, I got into a taxi to get back to the hotel.
The taxi driver was in the mood for a chat (and maybe more... something told me he was hopping to get more than the taxi fare "are you married? because I'm not and only 32"...)
During the drive back Eugen shared about his life in Bucharest, about how much the situation is tough, about how the government gets all the funding from the EU and keeps it for them instead of investing in the country, about how much it's a pity that people don't know about Romania and the state does not invest in tourism because Romania is a beautiful country, and about how his grand father worked in the construction of the house of the people and that he never knew on which floor in the underground he was working so that no one could figure out how big the building is (it is said that it's the 2nd largest building in the world after the Pentagon).
Believe it or not he managed to cover all of the above in 30min and gave me his phone number... in case I need a taxi (which I did, as I booked him for the next morning).

No comments: