Friday, February 27, 2009

Valkyrie

Tonight we went to see the latest movie with Tom Cruise: Valkyrie. I had not heard of it but when you're a fan of Tom, you just go. The movie is about the plot from some officers in Germany during world war 2 to kill Hitler and take control over the country. To be honnest as much as I assumed there must have been some resistance to the Nazis in Germany, I knew nothing about it. As you can imagine in France they teach you about the French resistance and not so much about the German one.
The movie was quite ok for a war movie, obviously not my favourite type of movies. Still quite interesting to find out about the Valkyrie operation and makes you want to read more about it. And a memorable quote: " it's a military operation. It won't got as planned". I'm not sure the army would agree with that :)

No comments: