Saturday, February 7, 2009

Lena

This week I finally called Lena to make an appointment. Lena is a tailor. She came today with her husband. I've grown quite frustrated of the shopping in Asia as clothes are always too small / short. So following the advice from many foreigners I decided to get tailor made clothes. Lena came with samples of fabric and catalogues of models. Basically you either give them some clothes you already have and ask them to copy. Just pick a fabric and there you go. So I ordered 6 pairs of my favourite trousers (half in wool/cashmere and half in wool/polyester, each of different fabric). On top you can also choose a model or give them a picture and they will make it. Thus 1 skirt on top.
I really liked the experience. They come to your place and you get to choose your new wardrobe in your living-room. Isn't that cool? And Lena has experience with German, French, American, Australian people. So she knows already what style you will prefer. When I told her I was French she removed some catalogues saying not stylish enough for me. And she was right!
On top, it's not that expensive in the end. Based on the fabric type a pair of trousers costs 40-50 euros, skirt was 40. I challenge you to find trousers perfectly fitting you in the shop with good quality fabric for that price.
Depending on what you order and how urgent it is it takes 1 to 2 weeks to get your clothes back. Next Saturday I'll do the fitting and I'll have my new trousers ready for Belgium!
I already asked for my visitors. Lena said if you're not too tired after your flight, we can meet on the 1st day you're in Beijing, do the fitting 3-4 days later and have your new suits / trousers / shirts / dresses ready 2 days later. Anyone interested?
I do need to do 1 thing now. Look at more catalogues / magazines and find a few dresses I want to get made! I've seen such beautiful silk fabric I cannot resist. Of course I will get as well a typical Chinese style one :)

No comments: