Saturday, February 21, 2009

I need a gas station, now!!!!!!!

On the way back from Mettlach to Luxembourg, I realized I did not have much gas left. Based on the car computer, 100 km or so... Gas is cheaper in Luxembourg than in the rest of Europe so the idea was to pass the border and stop at the 1st gas station. Except that gas station was not coming. The light switched on; only 80 km autonomy left. Stress is coming up even if technically I still have enough gas to cross the whole Luxembourg or so (it's a very small country). We kept on going our eyes as much on the count down as on the side of the road hoping to see a gas station. And that gas station was not coming up. For the 1st time, I got the following message "faites le plein des que possible" ("get gas as soon as possible"). That's what happens when you only have 50km autonomy left. At this point I'm driving only 80 km/h; that's the slowest I've ever driven on a highway but I could only think about reducing consumption. We drove for another 15min, each minute being more stressful than the previous until finally they was a sign: a gas station in 1000m! I've never been so happy to see a gas station.
I still cannot believe that between the border and the suburds of Luxembourg city there was not a signle gas station.

No comments: