Thursday, February 5, 2009

#234

That's the number of the girl from Bodhi I know try to always have for my Chinese massage. Not only she is good but she understand what's wrong with my back and really help. And each session is different so I'm always surprised.
In China they have in general a lot of people working in restaurants, spa, shops, beauty salon, anywhere. So many that you sometimes wonder how it can be profitable (cheap salary most likely). Employees have numbers. So when you find one that gives you good service and you want to ask to have that person again, they give you their number. Despite asking many times we never managed to get a name. They go by their number. I can't help finding this very impersonal. I would like people to remember me by my name and not my number. But that's China, so one has to go with numbers.

No comments: