Friday, February 6, 2009

Purple Haze

Yesterday we all went for dinner at 1001 nights. It's THE Middle Eastern restaurant in Beijing with Middle East food and belly dancing. Let's face eat it was for sure not the best food ever (can you believe they manage to screw up kafta?) and the belly dancing was far for being impressive. But as they say it's all about the company. So the food may not have been as good as expected, but we certainly had a great time, the 14 of us :)
Tonight, after a long day which was the last one of a long and busy week, I kind of invited myself to a dinner between 2 couples going to Purple Haze. It's a Thai restaurant, an excellent one even. That dinner was more than welcome. All of us needed that break, the amazing food and the mojitos.
Now that it has been 4 months that I am in China I can say that Thai is my favourite Asian food, followed by Indian. Chinese food only comes 3rd (my Chinese teacher will be sad to hear that).
PS: Visitors, Purple Haze will definitely be a stop :)

No comments: