Saturday, January 31, 2009

Bangkok - Day 3


As advised by the guide I was ready for an early start at Chatuchak market. I arrived there shortly after 9am, so early that some stands were still opening. The place is huge. Zillions of stands selling every thing you may need: clothing, shoes, jewellery, decoration items, handicraft, house clothing, plants, pets, books, etc. everything except food. Regarding clothes, as again, if I was the size of a Thai lady, I would have been in heaven. Given I’m not, I’ve seen a lot of things I would have loved to but, never fit in :( I still bought some silk scarves and a couple of bags. On top of which I got some cushion cases and table runners, all of them in silk of course. I guess now I need to get more tables :) the sad thing is that they were amazing pieces of furniture and paintings around that I wanted to buy but a little voice in my head reminded me I’m flying so I have limited space. Now that I’m thinking about it maybe I could have arrange some shipment… Too late.

After another lazy afternoon by the pool, I went to the massage school for another massage. This time it was harder that yesterday, as the masseuse really worked on my back. “is it ok?” is what she asked each time she pushed on the key muscles and I was grimacing out of pain. Strangely the longer she applied pressure the pain was changing to a feeling of burning. Anyhow after the massage she told me I worked too much. Really? Does it show? Apparently my muscles spoke for me.
After the massage I took a taxi to get back to Siam square. What should have been a 15min ride ended up in 1h15 ride as my taxi driver got lost, stopped 2 times to ask the way (at least he did ask), got us stuck in the traffic of a one-way street, and brought me to the wrong Meridien. This ride managed to erase all the effect of the massage. Seems I will have to go for another one tomorrow :)

No comments: