Wednesday, January 28, 2009

On my way to... Bangkok!

So here we go. It’s noon, I’m jumping in a taxi direction the airport (this time the main airport :) ). I quickly checked in, went through security, got to the gate and plane. Seat 36A, that’s mine. Yep, the very last row of the aircraft. Quite different to be seated back there instead of the comfortable spacious business class. Well I’m paying the ticket this time, so last row it is. 5 hours later we landed in Bangkok. Temperature: 32C!
30 min of queue at the customs, 45 min taxi (which driver of course tried to make me pay double price of course), I reached the hotel. Tonight and tomorrow I’m staying at the Hilton Millenium. As a Hilton Preferred Guest I get to check in in a separate area, nicely seating on a sofa, even though I'm using my points to stay in this hotel. I really like service in Asia.
So here I am in my fancy room with view on the river planning my visits for tomorrow. I’m so excited to be in Bangkok!

No comments: