Thursday, January 8, 2009

Yesterday

Tomorrow we have the annual P&G party and the theme is Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow. My group inherited of Yesterday. While the people who were here over the last 2 weeks actively worked on this party with different activities and talent shows, the rest of us only have to show up dressed as "Yesterday". To be honest the foreigners who arrived in the last 3 months haven't put too much effort into it (it's just an office party). Until we realized in the last couple of days that it is a serious business. All locals have been thinking about their outfit and part if talent shows quite a lot. So out of desperation (or guilt) we went tonight shopping for our Yesterday outfit. And I can tell you it is not easy when you don't have much inspiration (it is not too late to get a dress from one of the Chinese dynasties) and no matter what clothes never suit you. Not to mention they do not have any carnival shops here... I finally found a shirt that looks like from the late 1800s which suits me (and nothing else as I can barely breathe) which I will have to accommodate somehow. Hopefully I will not have to wear it too long and will switch to my "red carpet" outfit as soon as possible. Now let's see how the party is going to be...

No comments: