Monday, January 5, 2009

The masseuse was a masseur

First night back in China and of course I go for a massage. Although my physiotherapist had managed to squeeze me in last week, after the travel my back clearly needed an intervention. I was a bit surprised when a masseur arrived instead of the usual masseuse. The little Chinese girl was this time a little Chinese man. Well I thought, whatever, a masseur is a masseur. What difference will it make? It does make a difference because the hard massage by the man was clearly harder than the one from the girls. I guess hard with the girls is soft with the man. So it was painful especially because he had decided that no tensed muscle will resist to him. He pushed, squeezed, rubbed hard, harder than usual. The discomfort I usually feel was pain this time as obviously my muscles were not cooperative. Let's face it the pressure applied by the knee of a girl of 50-60kg is not the same as the one of a man of 70-80kg.

I could barely walk afterwards feeling like a bulldozer had driven over me. But I did sleep like a baby despite the jet lag. Maybe not that bad actually... Still I'll ask for a girl next time.

No comments: