Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Leaving for Beijing

Sunday morning, I finished packing everything, closed the house and got on my way to Beijing. First step get all my luggage to fit in Wolfram's car. As you can see I did not travel light. Actually Air France can tell you that in total I checked in 67 kg of luggage (37 of them for which I had to 30euros / kg as over weight...Luckily P&G pays).
As I had decided to travel with Air Fance, I left Brussels from gare du Midi. The chek in counter there is to be honnest crap and the staff all but nice. They barely explain what you have to and where to go. Somehow we managed and after quite some time waiting on the platform, finally 5 min before departure, the man in charge of luggage showed up.


2 hours later or so, thanks to the SNCF for being 25 min late, we arrived at Charles de Gaulle airport. There someone put all the luggage on the platform and you're supposed to pick it up. Problem is cannot carry them so I'm standing there with all my 4 suitcases wondering what to do and the hostess there said "crap someone forgot his luggage" I smiled and admitted they were all mine. With an even bigger smile I asked her to get me a trolley which she did.





1 comment:

Leo said...

Hmmmm... nice car!