Saturday, January 22, 2011

Monet 2010

Monet 2010 -
I have been waiting for it for months now.
I dragged everybody out of bed around 5am this morning to catch a bus shortly after 6am to be at the exhibition at 7am. It was early and cold but totally worth it :)

This exhibition was one of the largest with the most famous paintings from Monet. Despite the crowd (believe it or not 7748 people visited the exhibition that night) I got to see all my favorites and even see some for the first time.
Painting people was not Monet's best but when it came to landscape and reproducing the light and shadows he was really really good. Depending how far you stand from the picture and your angle, the paintings look different; almost like it was living art.
One could believe he was obsessed when painting his series or simply a perfectionist trying to reach perfection and perfectly reproduce the morning light on the London parliament or the cathedral in Rouen.

I wish I could have one at home. I would spend hours looking at it. But first I need to win the lottery big time :)

No comments: