Saturday, January 22, 2011

A day in Paris

After this very early start of the day, I took Wolfram to Saint-Germain-des-Pres for breakfast in one of the cafes. We enjoyed a typical French breakfast with croissant and baguette. Yummy.

We spent the rest of the day walking around the Quartier Latin, Chatelet and le Marais.
The objective was to combine our 2 separate passions: photography for one and shopping for the other. I let you guess who likes what. With the right balance we walked from one site to the other, stopping now and then in a shop or a cafe.
It was a cold day, sometimes rainy, so not so many pictures could be taken. This means we need another weekend in Paris during the Spring, when the sun is shining.
Shopping was disappointing. I couldn't find anything fitting me and my trousers situation is still very critical. Conclusion I need a trip to the US to buy trousers that are long enough.
Walking the streets of Paris and chatting in cafes were probably the best of the day... at least until we arrived at Anahuacalli with its legendary margaritas.

No comments: