Monday, January 10, 2011

Intercontinental Phoenicia

Previous trips I stayed at the Radisson Blu in Beirut. This time I joined my colleague at the Intercontinental Phoenicia.
WOW!
Red carpet on the stairs when you enter and nobody uses them because they prefer to take the escalator... lazy people!
Marble everywhere.
Luxury shops.
Everywhere you look there is food which by the way is excellent.
Impeccable service nearly as good as Asia.
Indoor swimming pool looking like in Phoenician time, which I made sure to heavily use (especially to eliminate the food I enjoyed so much)
Breakfast is a must as you get to sit facing the Mediterranean sea. Not to mention eating mangoes and strawberries in January is always quite a treat, combined with knefe, it's just paradise.

I've been in many hotels over the past 3 years and clearly this one goes into my top 3, together with the Peninsula in Manila.

No comments: