Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Red-eye flight

I was supposed to fly back to Belgium yesterday at 4pm. Unfortunately my flight was cancelled and Alitalia put me on the next one, at 4am :(
After work I went back to the hotel, worked a bit more, went swimming, had very late dinner, worked some more, watched a movie, took a taxi around 2am, and was in the plane by 3:40am.
Given my incapacity to sleep in planes (and the snoring of some men around me), I watched a movie, read a bit, was in Rome by 6:30am, waited in the lounge until my next flight, was at work by 11:40am, completely exhausted.
My eyes were not so red but my whole body was tired lacking sleep. Afternoon was tough and lines were dancing a bit on the screen.
By 10pm I was in bed sleeping deeply.
Next time, when I get re-booked, maybe I should try to ask for a later flight. If any way I have to come back one day later, might as well be within working hours.

No comments: