Sunday, January 16, 2011

Belgium will always surprise me

This week-end we had planned to go to the car salon in Brussels. With my Micra gone, it is time to look for a new car and conveniently the car salon started this Saturday.
Base plan was to be there when the doors open at 10am this morning. This never happened as in the meantime we found out that the salon this year is for vans, recreational vehicles, sport cars and motorcycles.
Sadly the car salon in Brussels is not one of the major ones like Paris or Frankfurt and as a consequence they rotate: one year normal cars, the other year vans and co.
I cannot tell how disappointed I am. I really thought that in one day we would manage to get an overview of all the cars and come out of the salon with the 2-4 models we would consider.
What can I say, it's Belgium...

Saturday we stopped at a Toyota City to check out the Rav4, which turned out not so convincing. The Avensis was a better fit but somehow I don't see myself driving a station wagon. We're not there yet.
Audi was a dream was the outside, scary from the inside. So many buttons everywhere, so 1980s in their interior design, it's actually hard to believe they can make such beautiful cars from the outside and completely miss it when it comes to the inside. Thus no Audi.
BMW was so so. The X1 is still in the pool but soooooooo expensive. Still cannot believe that some of the BMW series 3, don't have cup holders for the driver. So much money for a car, and not the basics (yes, cup holders are very important to me).
Conclusion: it's not going to be easy to find our dream car and I will enjoy my chauffeur for longer :)

2 comments:

Bernhard said...

With that headline I expected that you already bought the new car...

Nevertheless, best of luck finding the right car for you!

Anonymous said...

viel spass beim suchen.

schau doch mal nach einem vorführwagen, da wird der ganze schnick-schnack mitgeliefert :-)

ESC oder ESP kann manchmal hilfreicher sein, also so ein cup-holder. habe ich heute morgen bei eisglatter straße gemerkt :-)) mein fahrzeug blieb straight in der spur, der echte schleudereffekt blieb aus, und die karosserie heil!

lg Elvira