Tuesday, November 23, 2010

7am

It's never too early or too late to see paintings from Monet. This year in Paris there is a huge exhibition gathering almost all the paintings from Monet. It's sold out, at least for booking. One can always get in line in front of the museum, queue in the cold and hope for a ticket.
Given the success of the exhibition the museum decided to open at night the last week-end. Most paintings are a loan from museums around the world and they could not expand the duration of the exhibition.
I've been wanting to see this exhibition but so far things didn't work out. Until this morning.
I've booked tickets for the night opening. Actually more for the morning as the tickets left were between 1am and 7am. I decided to go for 7am, thinking we'll have breakfast afterwards and it's probably easier to handle than the exhibition in the middle of the night (yeah, yeah, I'm not getting younger).
I'm very excited and can't wait January to see all my favourite paintings (last time was many many years ago in Chicago).

PS: for those who are not as lucky as us, you can visit the website of the exhibition, and take the Journey with your loudspeakers on.

1 comment:

CHRistIAN said...

oh Lamia, be proud of your actually youth!
night and day - were is the problem?
I myself, it becomes wrong - OK

but you: 1 am or 7 am think about the stars and the first spot of the sun: what a wonderfull night! and than you think the whole time
Monet - Monet - Mon .. etc.

Ich hoffe, daß die englischen Versuche das ausdrücken, was ich meine!