Thursday, November 11, 2010

Stuttgart, finally!

Finally after several trips to Germany and Wolfram's hometown (Remseck, less than 20km away) I got to visit Stuttgart. Crazy enough so far we never had the time to get to the city for a tour, joggling with shopping and family obligations. But this time Wolfram promised to take me to Stuttgart and hold to his promise.
Wolfram and his parents warned me over and over again that there is nothing special in Stuttgart.
This said according to my brand new Germany travel guide, there are things to see. For example the Schlossplatz (i.e. the castle square), the Schlossgarten (i.e. the garden of the castle), the Altes Schloss (i.e. the old castle), etc. In other words a lot of things evolving around castles :)
Truth be told indeed there is nothing astonishing to see or visit in Stuttgart but it seems to be a nice place to live. Like Evan said about LA, it's not a place to visit but a great place to live, I have the feeling it's the same about Stuttgart.
The whole center is pedestrian and I really enjoyed walking the streets, quickly taking a look at the historical highlights with my very own guide. Despite what he claims, Wolfram has a lot to say about Stuttgart, not always about History with a capital H but about the stories of when he was a kid growing in Stuttgart.
For sure I need to come back in warmer weather to enjoy the gardens maybe even have picnic there.
No pictures unfortunately because by the time we reached the center it was getting dark and I don't have the right lens to take great pictures at dusk. For sure I have to come back in sunny weather ;)

No comments: