Monday, November 22, 2010

Mein Onkel Franz or the first book I read in German

While we were in Germany a couple of weeks ago I bought some books in German from the Easy Readers collection. These are books for foreigners who are learning a language with easy vocabulary and difficult words explained on each page. I had read books from that collection when I was learning Italian and found them a great way to learn a language. Believe it or not it is more interesting to read a full story than a grammar book.
While the story of my uncle Franz is not very exciting I quite enjoyed the reading experience and I'm very proud to have managed reading a full book, even a easy reading one, in German and understood what it was about.
I'm ready for the next one!
PS: a BIG THANK you to Wolfram who sat there patiently listening to my broken German, explaining a few words here and there.

2 comments:

christa said...

Hurra ----bald können auch wir uns unterhalten

Tlou said...

Mon respect. Ca m’ évoque aux livres du Petit Nicholas que j’ai acheté devant quelques années pour rafraîchir mon francais. Je pense il ne suffit pas de les acheter et mettre dans le casier…