Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Just like that

Today I was having a meeting with one of my new colleagues from the US who happened to be in Belgium. It's always good to meet face to face when we have the opportunity.
Half way through the meeting he told me he was going to visit our plant in Barcelona and talk to team there. I'm not exactly sure how but he suggested I join, and my new boss agreed to it, as I would have to go there as part of my onboarding at some point. So why not now, i.e. tomorrow?
Maybe because I try to have a life? but that was not strong enough vs. the great opportunity to start my onboarding with a visit in the plant.
Thus I'm packing again for a 2-day trip.
And I was looking forward for a week without travel, my only week without travel this month. I guess it will have to wait next year.

No comments: