Saturday, April 21, 2012

THE dress

Today Joy, Alice and Aurelie joined me for another round of wedding dresses search. We went back to the very first shop I went to a month ago or so, and to the one from last week.
Objective was clear: get the blessing from everyone on THE dress.
In the first shop I tried some more models, and learnt that V shape collar looks very good on me and that the simpler the dress the better. But no one cried nor did I felt the spark in my stomach.
After another lunch at Le Pain Quotidien (it's becoming a routine in this search of wedding dress), I tried again the dress from last week, the one that made Alice cry, and the one that I've been thinking about for the whole week. I tried a couple of other dresses just to be sure, but the jury was very clear. This is THE one.
And from my side, it is true that once it the one, you know it, you feel it.

Dress is ordered.
Measures have been taken.
Veil has been selected.
Jacket to put on top of the dress as well, because after all in December it will be very cold.
In a month from now, I will have the first fitting. Can't wait.

... and quite some money has been spent already....

PS: there will be no picture of the dress, obviously. Only the selected few present at the fitting will know what it looks like.







No comments: