Sunday, April 22, 2012

10 miles of Antwerpen

In a crazy moment earlier this year, Alice and I decided to walk the 10 miles of Antwerpen, as a training for the 20K of Brussels.
With all the madness of the elections, we could have enjoyed a relaxing afternoon, but no. Kindly dropped by Wolfram near the starting line (we were running late with the long queues to vote), we were ready at 3:30pm to face our destiny, again.

Once again, we asked ourselves why we are doing this.
Once again, we suffered towards the end but try to keep the smile.
Once again, it felt good when we cross the finish line.
One deception, most of the race was on highways or in tunnels. We expected a nicer walk through the city but got tunnels, long tunnels, very long tunnels.

Note: for the first time, I have blisters. I knew my shoes were about to die. I think this was their last race. There are only so many kilometers one can do with a pair of shoes.

Results: tomorrow. My phone died at km 13, so no idea how long it took us. Our bet: 2h10-15. Let's see tomorrow.

No comments: