Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve or a full day of preparation

It's not Christmas Eve without:
- me and my aunt baking biscuits while listening to Christmas music. This year I had baked some already in Belgium and they made it safe and sound as well (only the snowmen lost their head but I believe this is because their neck is a weak point). But still we wanted to make some more, because we never have enough biscuits, do we?
- me and my mum spending lots of time in the kitchen. Tradition for many years now is that I make a koulibiac for Christmas Eve. This year however, given we were 14 adults and 2 children, we decided for a Tourte de Dinde Forestiere, and made 3 of them. It's a big pie with turkey and foie gras flambe au cognac. Yummy it was.
 In parallel to the cooking, Joy and my aunt were decorating the tree, which looks pretty good given it fell once fully decorated and the women in the house brought it back up.

No comments: