Tuesday, December 28, 2010

10 long hours

10 hours. It took us 10 hours to drive from Brittany to Belgium. That's 1 hour more than normal.
The first third was easy with nice and almost sunny weather in Brittany.
The second third was harder as we had to drive through fog. It was one of those fogs where you don't see anything. You know the exit is coming but you can't see it, until really the last 20m. We nearly missed one if it wasn't for the GPS insisting on us taking the exit.
The third third was the hardest as we were tired of driving 100-110km/h max, tired of the fog and once in Belgium the conditions of the roads were far from being ideal: the third lane was only partially cleaned from the snow and the emergency lane was somewhere under more snow. Not to mention I was super stressed the whole Belgian part of the trip, especially each time we were passing under a bridge, and even more on the A7 at km 71.
The two positive notes of this trip were that I had company in the car: my mum first, then my dad, then my aunt which made the trip much more pleasant; and Mokka only pooped once... just before the Belgian border. This story will become a legend when my aunt goes back to Lebanon and tell people she had to have an emergency stop to change a cat :)
Note for myself: I really need to look into those diapers for animals.

No comments: