Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Anahuacalli

Finally, after hearing about it for many years, and seeing my parents going there when they come to Paris, tonight Joy and Yann took me to Anahuacalli, their favorite Mexican restaurant. Following the recommendation from my Dad we ordered a “Jarra de Margarita”, i.e. 1.25L of Margarita to start with and accompany our meal. We started with an assortment of starters to discover it all and after I ordered another mix, but this time of different meat. Absolutely delicious and… I can’t believe it took so long to finally get me to this place. It's also amazing how they manage to add Tequila in almost all of the deserts :)


In case you are in Paris and in the mood for Mexican food, this is the place (note that it is not a Tex Mex place, it’s real Mexican cuisine… reminding me of what I ate a couple of times at Luis’ place).

1 comment:

CHRistIAN said...

Mein Gott!
Wer kann denn so eine Sprache!
Original-Mexikanisch ist das
aber auch nicht!
Wenn das Essen so schmeckt, wie der Name sich anhört, ... ! ! ! !

Kann aber nicht sein: Du sagst doch, es war sagenhaft!

Also:
Beim nächsten Besuch bei Euch, möchte ich eine Mahlzeit für dieses unaussprechliche Wort reservieren und vielleicht meine bisher nicht so tollen Erkenntnisse zum mexikanischen Essen überarbeiten.
Bin sehr gespannt, ob das geht!