Friday, December 3, 2010

Sagrada Familia

Sagrada Familia is the icon of Barcelona. For those who have no idea, it's a church designed by Gaudi. And the least you can say about it is that it has a unique and surprising style. Construction started in 1882 and still is work in progress. It seems the plan now is to have it completed by 2026, celebrating 100 year after Gaudi's death. Let's see if they can make it.
Sadly by the time I arrived there, it was dark and closed. In winter time the church closes at 6pm (something to keep in mind). All I could do was stand in front of it and take a few pictures, just to say "I was there".
It's been a while I haven't said this, but that church is not like anything else I've seen so far.

This church is indeed unique in its style and at night some of the sculptures were scary. I guess the effect of light on the sharp angles.

Note for myself: plan a city trip to Barcelona, preferably in a warmer season, to have the chance to see the rest of the church and the inside.

No comments: