Monday, March 1, 2010

It was close but I made it

6:10am I'm ready. Suitcase is closed, shoes and coat on, taxi not there yet but should be any minute.
6:15am Taxi should be there but no signs of it :(
6:18am I'm calling the taxi company. Man agrees with me it's not normal as the car should be there. They're always 5min early.
6:20am Level of stress: high. I'm waiting for taxi company to call back. If the guy is nearby we can still make it without too much rush.
6:22am Flat tire!!! They need to change it , car won't be there before 10min !!! Not good, not good at all. Level of stress: very very high.
6:23am I'm rushing back home to get my car keys (no I usually don't travel with them)
6:25am I'm starting the car and flying over the garage slope.
6:26am I'm now on the road driving like it was Monaco Grand Prix. Really hoping I will not cross the path of the police or I'm doomed. Only 15min left to reach the airport and park the car. Tight but feasible. Just need to forget a few limits.
6:43am I'm entering the VIP parking. No way I could take the usual one. I need a parking where I just drop the car and someone will find a slot for me.
6:45am Car dropped. I'm running in the hallway to reach the Check-in counter. In case you wonder, no LOT does not offer the option to Check-in on line. That would have been too easy.
6:50am I'm at the counter just when they were about to close the flight. I made it !!!! Now like the lady suggested I'm going to sit for a few minutes and breathe because all this stress and running triggered some asthma and right now I'm scaring even myself. But I made it!!!

No comments: