Friday, March 5, 2010

Nothing is worse than being sick on a business trip

Last night the whole team joined the regional team for a celebration at the Hard Rock Cafe in Bucharest. We had a great time, the traditional Hard Rock Cafe food, cocktails and Karaoke. I have to say it's always impressive when you see how good some of our colleagues are at singing.
Everything was really good until 4am. I woke up because I was sick, really sick, so sick that I spend the next 8 hours going back an forth between the bed and the bathroom. It was bad, really bad and nothing is worse when this happens on a business trip because:
- you're in a hotel room,i.e. not home, alone and know very well that by noon you need to free up the room
- you feel guilty because you're missing some of the meetings / research for which you were sent
- you will have to take at least 1 taxi with a driver driving in a way that will make you even more sick
- and worse of the worse, you need to get on an aircraft for a few hours. By far the worse thing to do when you don't feel good.
- and again another taxi before you finally get home, collapse on your bed.
I went through all those steps, thinking I would die at some point around 9am. I still don't know how I managed to make it home but I did. And you know what, I'm so happy I'm home so I can rest and recover. Well at least the next trip on Tuesday :)

No comments: