Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Alice in wonderland


What best way of spending your Monday night than going to the cinema to watch Alice in wonderland, in 3D of course.
Take Tim Burton and his favourite actors, Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter, a crazy story and you get his version of Alice in wonderland. Tim Burton has the talent to create unique fantastic universes where the most improbable characters will evolve. For sure once you start the movie you will take off for a new world where the craziest things can happen.
I have to confess I recognized all the characters in the story: Alice, the rabbit with the clock, the smoking caterpillar, the twins, the mad hatter, the red queen, etc. but I can't remember what the story was about. It's been soooooo long since I read Alice in wonderland that I can't remember the story at all. Shame on me, I guess...
This means I have no idea how much the movie was faithful to the book and it's probably for the best. It was a good trip in a world where animals can speak, people can shrink or get taller just by drinking a potion or eating a cake, where the head of the red queen is bigger than a fish ball, and many more.
Another good Tim Burton's movie. If you like his style, don't miss Alice.

No comments: