Sunday, March 21, 2010

Cook & Book

Today after swimming I met Alice and Cathy for lunch at Cook & Book.
I had never been there and was looking forward to discover another place in Brussels where you can brunch on Sundays.
This place is simply amazing. It's a combination of a book shop and a restaurant. Tables are spread around the book shop and you can have food or a drink while sitting in the middle of the travel section for example.
There are 2 blocks (A and B) each of them with different book sections and a restaurant. We ended up in the English books section as we hadn't booked a table so we couldn't choose where to sit. It was absolutely great to have lunch and chat between girls in between book shelves. Of course we talked girls topics but this time we also discussed books, inspired by the place.
A new place in Brussels to try out.
PS: needless to say that I bought books on the way out. I finally bought "il cucchiaio d’argento", the bible of Italian cuisine. Now no recipe of any Italian dish will be a mystery to me. Just need to figure out how to make them :)
To spice up our everyday cooking I also bought one more book of Wok recipes. Of course Asian inspired.
I'm looking forward to try out all those new recipes.

No comments: