Sunday, March 7, 2010

There is really an application for everything on the iPhone

March 1st, 1st day of spring in Central Europe, 1st day of my diet. I've been trying to avoid it but seems I can't anymore. No matter how much I exercise, the needle on Wii balance board hasn't moved a bit :(
So there we go, I grabbed my "Le regime pour les paresseuses" a book about diet and the first thing you have to do is write down all you eat to assess how many calories you take in every day. Something told me that starting this a week where I would be on business trip was not the smartest, but one has to start eventually.
For convenience I was taking note on my iPhone, because I always have it with me, and compiling them. Until yesterday when Wolfram basically explained to me how stupid I was because for sure there must be an application on the iPhone to track your food intake and diet.
Of course he was right. Not one application but easily a dozen of them. I picked the one from Spark People, with the highest ranking and there we go. I can see instantly how many calories I had so far during the day (and more scary how few I have left until the night). As we are in a society of tables and charts, I can review many reports on my progress (hopefully), how I am balancing between intake and exercise, what did I eat that really was a lot of calories (maybe to be avoided in the future), etc.

Fingers crossed diet will work, but at least I have a cool application to track my progress.

No comments: