Saturday, June 27, 2009

Last week-end in Beijing

Well I hope last week-end from this trip and that others will come down the road.
After a fitting session with Lena (yes dress will be ready before I leave) Alice and I met Ingrid to go to the Pearl market. As Ingrid is an expat she has a driver and therefore we had the chance to use him for the afternoon. Let’s face it having a driver in a clean car is a big improvement vs. the taxi.
We spent quite some time in my favorite shop of the Pearl market buying the ultimate round of gifts or orders from previous visitors.
(thanks Alice for the photo)
After that Ingrid took us to the building nearby: the Toy market. Of course having no kids I had never step a foot in there. Silly me. This place is heaven: toys everywhere, all the toys you can think of and even more. A good address to remember. You can also find in there stationary, both classic and generation Y (i.e. hello kitty and co). Quite impressive and so cheap. That’s where Ingrid found this notebook she offered me on my last day; simply because there was no way I could not go back to BIC with my own notebook…

After the Pearl market we completed the jewelry tour by a stop at the silk market to let our creativity express one more time. Girls I’m bringing you plenty of necklaces :)
With a new collection of jewelry in our bags, Alice and I headed back to my place to change. Tonight the EBTs leaving (Arif and I) invited our dearest friends and colleagues for dinner and drinks. One last night out in Beijing. It was a really nice evening (or should I say night) and once again lot’s of good-byes :( at least we finished the EBT on a fun note.

No comments: