Friday, June 5, 2009

George Hong Classical Furniture

I had heard several time about George and his furniture store but had never been there so far. On Sunday despite being tired from the Mongolian trip, Tamara and I went to see it. His shop is located in the suburbs of Beijing and has a collection of Antics and new furniture in Chinese style absolutely incredible. Now I understand why everybody speaks so high about this place and why all the expats are getting lots of furniture from here. We spend 1 hour there, spotted a few pieces but didn't buy.
Yesterday morning, after some thinking, we went back to buy. Tamara got a antic cabinet. I got a pair of apothecary cabinets and book shelf. On top we both bought the ultimate jewelry chest. 1.2m high, with plenty of drawers and hooks to put all the jewelry and pearls we got in China. I can't show it to you as it's being painted as we speak, but here are the apothecary cabinets.

What's written in Chinese is names of plants.

No comments: