Friday, May 22, 2009

When do we go back to South Beauty ?

After a hard working week (let’s say we had 2 reviews with vice-presidents, 1 with our CTO (Chief Technical Officer, i.e. THE R&D big boss) and 1 with our General Manager; all of that kept us very busy and managed to make me forget I actually went on vacation), I left the office a bit after 4pm today. The plan was to meet Joy and Yann at the Pear Market to buy some pearls :)
I took them to my favorite shop on the 4th floor. I’ve been to that shop so many times (and consequently spend quite some money there) that when I arrive the girls recognize me, welcome me with a huge smile. This time the shop was pretty busy with a group of American students and Sarah who usually takes care of me was not available. So Julie, the boss, took care of us. Joy and I silently celebrated this victory over the students “we get the boss and you don’t”. As usual they have great things and we spent quite some time choosing necklaces and earrings for their family and friends. Joy got a silver pearl necklace which really looks fantastic on her, a 3-row white pearl necklace (a bit classical but always in fashion) and they copied the design on the pendant Wolfram created for me. After all each time I wear it I get compliments about it.
Inevitably I ended up buying some myself: a 3 row necklace as well and a pendant plus earrings which looks really good on me and I said I would buy only if they give me a good price. Price tag: 1600 RMB; price Julie would usually offer with discount: 1200 RMB; price for Lamia: 650 RMB… of course I could not resist.
After spending quite some money it was time for dinner and we went back to South Beauty. For the whole week Joy has been asking when we would go back. That’s quite a turn around as my sister did not like Chinese food. Well at least until she came to China and discovered South Beauty. I already mentioned that Chinese food in China has nothing to do with the one we get in Europe and Joy is the living proof of that. So South Beauty here we come. We ordered another selection of dishes to try out. All of them turned out very good, some even excellent. Funny thing is that the waitress tonight was the same one as Sunday and she recognized us “I think I see you before”.
Back home and beaten by the day (or the week) it was massage time. I went to my traditional Chinese massage (I do wonder how I will survive back in Belgium without girl 234). Joy did not like the Chinese massage style, too hard, so they picked the soothing foot spa… based on their face afterwards, I believe it was good.
Beautiful pearls, fantastic food and relaxing massage… No wonder China is great :)

No comments: