Monday, October 8, 2012

Slow Slow Slow

A bit more than a month in Singapore and there is something that annoys me more and more every day: people walk slowly.

Fair enough people are shorter than in Europe. Shorter people = shorter legs = slower pace. It's no excuse but I can understand.

Fair enough the weather is warm every day and by walking slowly people avoid sweating. I can relate to that.

BUT those very valid reasons are not the cause of their slow pace.
The one and only reason why they walk so slowly is because they are texting, watching videos, playing, reading... all of this on their smartphones. If you watch the crowd coming out the subway or the bus, more than half of the people are looking at the screen of their phones instead of where they are putting their feet. Thus their slow pace.

I'd rather spend my time on a terrace or at home or by the pool than queuing behind a crowd of slow walkers.
Now I understand why so many people chose to have a car independently of how expensive it is.


No comments: