Thursday, October 18, 2012

Moving in - Part 4

The broken pieces
Overall everything arrived in pretty good shape and conditions. I was positively surprised. Even the mattresses made it without any mould which was our biggest fear.
As the movers were unpacking a few bits and pieces turned out damaged.
A plate was broken.
My beloved Brabantia garbage bin got three bumps. Someone must really hate it.
The mattress of our bed got torn near the handle. It will need some sewing.
The worst damage is on my jewelry cabinet. It was packed with the key in. It got a hit on the key and the lock is broken. Thus means I can't open it anymore. Good thing is that my jewelry were with me but still it's annoying as I really like this cabinet.
Pictures were taken of all the damages and now we will see what the insurance offers.

It's 7pm, the movers have left. 90% of the boxes are unpacked. Now we just need to figure out a place for everything.
But that's for tomorrow.
I'm dead tired and dream of a massage.

No comments: